Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


5.15.2009  

I Said That?

Chriyus told me this morning that he had been thinking about something I'd said to him a little while ago. "I don't remember the context, but I remember the quote exactly: 'You know what one of my biggest problems is? I'd rather be perfect than forgiven.' "

He told me that after telling me that I was the one that helped him to understand how to break through sin and overcome it by being there to encourage and confront him with the gospel. That shocked me; I honestly had no idea. I mean, I do remember hearing him tell me numerous times, "Johnny, tell me about the gospel, I need to hear you tell me the gospel," but I thought he did that with all of his friends.

I suppose I share those things because...well...in a sense, I need to. Struggling with and falling prey to sin over and over and over again can discourage even the most steadfast of the Father's children, and my friends certainly know that I'm nowhere near to living in joyful steadfastness.

The point? Honestly, I'm not sure. I think that, at the end of the day, I'll have to savor the truth that the gospel of Christ is still the same gospel it has always been...even though I often don't feel like it is.

posted by Bolo | 1:18 PM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious