Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


4.18.2009  

Geekdom

I'm a coffee geek. No two ways about it. It's well past 2:30 in the morning and I'm up after finishing bagging up the last of the three batches I put through my roaster tonight. I'm tired, I'm mocking Hannah Gail Turi over Facebook chat, and I'm supposed to be up early enough to roll out of here to go with Jeesh to Sunergos at around 9 AM. And what am I doing? Reading another article on coffee at coffeegeek.com.

The descriptions of the shards of the grounds of the El Salvador coffee from Matalapa, a coffee that did very well in the 2008 Cup of Excellence competition, a coffee that's sitting in my own kitchen, caught my attention and made me smile. The very thought of sitting there at Ritual as they poured the just-off-the-boil water into the cups containing those wonderful grounds, communing with the unique, vivacious and fading aromas and with one another...well...yeah.

What can I say? I'm a coffee geek.

posted by Bolo | 2:51 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious