Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


2.24.2009  

Chicago Coffee: Five-Berry Brew

PT's. The first time I had heard of them was reading Roast Magazine's praise of them when PT's was selected as the publication's Macro Roaster of the Year. Saturday, while at Coffee Fest, I had my first in-person exposure to their coffee goodness. Fred Polzin and Jeff Taylor, co-founders and owners of PT's, were present at the booth when we made our way over to sample their goods. Let me say this: they did not disappoint in the least. In fact, the Ethiopia Sidamo Special Prep is still haunting my senses! I asked Jeff if he had taken five different berries and squeezed it through the pourover filters they had set up at the booth.

I don't think he realized I was only sort of joking.

Jeff said that just about all of their roasts are light to medium, and only rarely do they go darker. Music to my ears, I tell you, music to my ears.

posted by Bolo | 5:13 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious