Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.31.2008  

First Cracks

I just roasted up a Cup of Excellence from El Salvador, my first experience in roasting an "award" coffee. As I stood over the machine, watching and smelling and listening to the roast progress, I realized a familiar feeling was brewing: frustration. I wanted to get this roast perfect the first time, and I wanted to feel as though I knew I was getting it right without having to wait to taste it. Therein lies the beauty of the coffee roasting experience, for as soon as I feel I've figured it out, I get my expertise snatched from right out under me. Hah...silly human, thinking I have control over such a dynamic and complex bundle of flavor!

posted by Bolo | 2:18 AM
7 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious