Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


11.18.2008  

On Being Back

Being back is hard. I don't think I realized that stepping back into normal wouldn't be so normal. After preparing myself so much for the going, I didn't give much thought to the coming back, and that, I want to say, is just as hard.

For all of us.

Earlier this afternoon, I told Ryan that reading Psalm 27 took on a new light. David's cry to behold just one thing, God, is pretty easy to mimic when all is well, when Scripture can be observed in an insulating vacuum. These days, I seem to mean that cry with a whole lot more sincerity; I can't help it.

I want to say that being back has brought on a pretty intense melancholy, but it usually does when I fly in from home. This time, though, the melancholy is different.

*Sigh*...I wish it weren't.

posted by Bolo | 5:56 PM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious