Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


8.28.2008  

Cup of the Morning

In my trusty Sunergos mug is a small portion of the dry-processed Koratie I've been enjoying for some weeks now. This particular roast is from about four days ago, so it's settled into the resting period quite nicely now. The grind was a fair bit finer today than I usually make it, but the brewing time in the press was shortened to accommodate that fineness. All that said, this cup is...different. The fruit is there, but it's more mellow than I was expecting, not bright and soaring like I suspected it would be. The mouthfeel is clean, perhaps even a touch dry like a good beer or wine. What overwhelms me is the rustic aroma...this has always been present in my roasts of this bean, but it's much stronger right now. Wow.

posted by Bolo | 10:44 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious