Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.29.2008  

Conversant Cabreros

As Boss and I chatted tonight, one phrase hovered near the edge of my thoughts: The fight for faith is a fight for joy.

We've had many conversations over the years, Brian and I have. If we eliminate the ones that consist of us figuring out when and where we're going to surf or eat, we're still left with what would, for many friends, equate to a lifetime's worth of heart-to-hearts. Tonight, in the aftermath of a conversation that seemed like so many others, I couldn't help but think to myself, "Lord, why is it so easy to want you, but so hard to always want you?"

If there's one thing I've learned about Boss over the years, it's that he won't give up. He gets battered, he gets bruised, even feisty and frustrating to love for those who don't understand him, but at the end of it all, it's pretty clear he still wants one thing: Jesus, and Him crucified.

Brian desires to see Jesus, to know that He loves him, and to rest in that truth. Brian longs to be freed from his sin, to be freed from the aches and troubles of this world, yet if not that, then to live in this world, with its aches and troubles, struggling against and repenting from his sin through the grace that is sufficient for him. Brian hates the sin that necessitates a savior, yet loves grace that grants a loving, perfect Savior. In all my years of knowing him, I've never known Brian to deny he wanted and wanted to love Jesus...that, more than anything else, is how I know Jesus joyfully loves him.

posted by Bolo | 12:35 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious