Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


5.03.2008  

Word

John 17:25, 26
"O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

Hebrews 3:12, 13
Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Two passages like these meet me in my heart today. I read the words of Jesus' prayer recorded in John 17, and I'm struck by how plainly Jesus speaks of things so profound and impossible to fully understand. Jesus was shocking like that: He spoke truths plainly and simply, truths to confound the wise and heal the broken.

I find that I often want to understand God more than believe Him...to be perfect rather than forgiven. Jesus speaks of understanding and knowing Him, but that understanding and knowledge is to lead us to believe Him...to be loved by Him. Pray with me that we'd all learn to be loved by Him.

posted by Bolo | 2:10 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious