Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


1.07.2008  

Word

Psalm 27:4
One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD and to meditate in His temple.

Life is a lens of perspective unlike any other. Yesterday, as I read that verse, it struck me as it's never had before: as the desperate, poignant hope of a despondent, bruised heart.

I like to live my life in a vacuum, with the same, unpredictable routine (hush...this is me we're talking about), and the same, reliable emotions firmly in check. Unfortunately for my visions of life's grandeur, this is simply not so.

The LORD works in strange ways: cutting us off when we would continue; blessing us when we deserve curses; drawing away when we would have Him near; drawing near when we would have Him far off; loving us when we fear His wrath. Through it all, He continually cultivates a heart for Him, one that is slowly, surely, and yes, even painfully weaned off of all else that is not Him.

When David wrote that, I have no idea what he was going through or what he was feeling. I cannot tell you if he was feeling desperate, hopeful, despondent, or even bruised. What I can tell you, though, is that I certainly did feel that way yesterday, and that the truth of God's word became, to yet one more degree, even more precious.

posted by Bolo | 8:30 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious