Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.29.2007  

Word

John 17:13
"But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves."

The truths this verse conveys have become more and more precious to me in recent months, a comfort and a conviction to one direly in need of both. Still, I must confess that I find the savoring of Christ's joy to be an all-too-rare occasion for my soul. What's even more frustrating in the midst of my failure is that Christ doesn't merely pray that we'd have His joy, but that we'd have His joy made full in us.

Even in this, though, I take heart.

I take heart because I know of many others for whom Christ's joy has no savor at all. I take heart because I hear the desolation and abandonment in the voices of my friends and family. I take heart because I look around and know that if I do not take heart, how can I tell others to do the same?

In the midst of my failure, there is yearning. Let me clarify that: in the midst of my failure, there is yearning for Christ. All humans yearn; it's in our flesh and bones, the very fabric of our existence. It is only the believer, however, that yearns specifically for that which our souls need: Christ, and Him crucified. It is not good enough for someone to be looking for something; we all do! The only thing that is good enough is to be found, and not just found by Christ, but to be found in Him, one with Him, made alive with Him in His death.

Do you yearn for joy? Of course you do. Do you yearn for Christ, and for His joy? That's a better question.

posted by Bolo | 8:26 PM
2 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious