Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.28.2007  

Word

Colossians 1:15
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

On mornings like this, it's easy to wake up and go about my day as if there was no God, as though I were ignorant of Him. The alarm clock rang way too early for my tastes, making my body even more aware of its need for physical comforts; still more, the lack of simple joy makes me aware of my lack of an awareness of God.

I sometimes feel like asking God, "You sent Your Son, and He is Your image, but why do I still feel so blind?"

If I think about it, and I'm not so daunted by God's bigness that I actually sit in humble contemplation, I realize anew that the one character of God that best describes Him is His holiness. He is holy, utterly different, utterly unique, utterly different. He is not as I am! As such, the more I get to know Him, the more I realize that there is more of Him to see, so much more than I feel prepared to grasp.

posted by Bolo | 7:58 AM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious