Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.22.2007  

Precious

The Precious Blood
Peter Gagnon

Before the cross I kneel and see
The measure of my sin
How You became a curse for me
Though You were innocent
The magnitude of Your great love
Was shown in full degree
When righteous blood, the crimson spill
Rained down from Calvary

Oh, the precious blood
That flowed from Mercy’s side
Washed away my sin
When Christ my Savior died
Oh, the precious blood
Of Christ the crucified
It speaks for me before Your throne
Where I stand justified

And who am I that I should know
This treasure of such worth
My Savior’s pure atoning blood
Shed for the wrath I’d earned
For sin has stained my every deed
My every word and thought
What wondrous love that makes me one
Your priceless blood has bought

A crown of thorns, pierced hands and feet
A body bruised, and Mercy’s plea


It is far too easy for me to forget that His precious Son, Christ, and not I, am the center of the Father's affection, and yet, the affection He has for me is truly His affection for Christ. At the same time, I don't remember very often that Christ, while being the center of the Father's affection, also became the center of His wrath when He suffered on the cross. This, too, was so that I might not taste death, but rather, that I might come to esteem and holds precious the Son as the Father esteems Him and holds Him as precious.

posted by Bolo | 1:08 PM
2 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious