Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.25.2007  

Why They Labor

1 Thessalonians 5:12, 13a
But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work.

3 John 4
I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.

Last night (or maybe Sunday night), I had a conversation about what has become a favorite pastime for Andrew and me: Pastor Brad hunting. When the two of us were home for Christmas, we had the pleasure of spending time with Gary and Brad, two men that have influenced both of us greatly over the years. In reflecting upon both the time 'Drew and I spent at home this past Christmas as well as the seasons of life that have receded into the distance with alarming quickness, I realized this: those passages of Scripture cited above have become very, very real to me.

I remember the look in Gary's eyes when we were able to sit down with him, reunited as the PBoD crew once more, even if for but a brief moment of time. He was genuinely happy. And who made him happy? We did.

I also remember the look in Brad's eyes when Andrew and I surprised him that morning in Faith Baptist; that was true joy. When we sat with him in Starbucks, I kept thinking that times like these are what the body of Christ longs for, what it labors for.

posted by Bolo | 2:04 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious