Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


3.21.2007  

No Duckling

I often find that I feel like the ugly duckling. The ugly duckling, as the tale goes, was quite distraught that he did not look like all of the other ducklings. He was mocked, scorned, and made to feel left out. It was not until a bevy of swans told him otherwise that the ugly duckling realized that he was not a duck at all, but a swan.

The life of the Christian is often similar. I forget what I am, and why I am what I am: a child of God; one counted as righteous in the sight of the holy judge; one in whom God delights; one who has been bought with precious blood, the precious blood of the Lamb of God; one in whom the Father cannot help but see the glory of His Son; a sinner saved by grace; one who longs for the day when he will see his Savior, the Savior that longs for the same; one whom God has redeemed to walk in righteous works, works that He has prepared beforehand; one sealed with the Holy Spirit; a sinner who still longs to be finally and fully free of sin.

Please realize that when I speak of feeling like an ugly duckling, I'm not making some sort of vain analogy. My point is that I'm saturated in an environment that tells me I'm something I'm not, and while I am a new creation in Christ, it's very, very, very easy for me to forget the truth. It's very, very, very easy for me to live as though Christ never died, and to forget the beautiful redemption that is mine in Him. The bible tells us that the Holy Spirit grieves over our sin; I can only begin to imagine the sorrow the infinite and almighty God that has loved me from all eternity feels over the slightest turning away of my heart from His passionate grace.

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For who has known the mind of the LORD, or who became His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

posted by Bolo | 5:49 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious