Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


2.18.2007  

Contributions

In today's sermon, Ryan used an illustration from The Silmarillion, J.R.R. Tolkien's beautiful work that describes, amongst other tales, the creation of the earth (Arda), the music and work of the Ainur, and the creation of elves, men, and dwarves. As I sat in my seat, patiently and painstakingly taking notes, my eyes opened wide and my mouth let out sounds I'd rather not repeat, for not only was I thrilled to hear Tolkien's works being conveyed so well from the pulpit, I knew something almost no other present knew: I had contributed to that illustration. You see, I'd had a conversation about The Silmarillion with Ryan a couple of weeks ago. In that conversation, he told me that he wanted to use it to speak about the way God uses all things to His glory, even things that we ourselves may intend for evil.

Why do I point this out? It's not to boast about my Tolkien geekiness, I assure you. Rather, it's to let S. David O'Neal know that Ryan Fullerton has his copy of The Silmarillion. Yup :)

posted by Bolo | 7:19 PM
4 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious