Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.04.2006  

Stuckingly Strange

Quite often, I get songs stuck in my head. I usually get irked by the song, and after a while, it goes away. There are rare occasions, however, where I intentionally listen to a song over and over and over again, without getting the least bit sick of it. This will happen for various reasons, but with The Fray's How to Save a Life, the song has grown on me in stages. Initially, I didn't really care for it at all; it just sounded like another made-for-radio fluff song that I'd listen to only because I'd have to. Then, as I continued to hear it, I actually found myself listening for it to play on the radio. After I took the iTunes plunge and downloaded it, I kept listening to it, putting it on repeat for hour-long chunks.

I know. Strange.

Now I find the lyrics sticking in my head, playing them over and over and over again like a monumental conversation suddenly gone wrong, trying to figure out what my head is singing to me. The verses seem to hold some secret whisper, but the chorus is what I hear shouting, over and over and over...

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life


...and over again. Like I said, strange.

posted by Bolo | 6:18 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious