Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


11.27.2006  

Infuriating

I find this picture infuriating. God has been doing wonderful things like this to proclaim His glory throughout every moment of history, every corner of His creation. Yet, why should I care?

Don't misunderstand me, as I don't mean to say I'm not moved by such beauty; quite the contrary. In fact, I find beauty such as this to be powerful, keeping me up late at night, causing me to rise early in the morning. Yet, this beauty positively pales in comparison with the beauty of God's powerful, tender, indescribable work in the heart of every one of His saints, those to whom He says, "You are Mine!"

This scene is one that can elicit a sense of awe from my soul, calling me to silence and even reverence of the God who works such wonders. Does beholding the work of God in the soul of man do the same? In all honesty, it doesn't. And that, dear friends, is what can be so infuriating.

posted by Bolo | 12:41 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious