Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


11.01.2006  

Hymnal

On Jordan's Stormy Banks

On Jordan’s stormy banks I stand,
And cast a wishful eye
To Canaan’s fair and happy land,
Where my possessions lie.

All o’er those wide extended plains,
Shines one eternal day;
There God the Son forever reigns,
And scatters night away.

Chorus: I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound for promised land,
I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound (I am bound)
I am bound for promised land.

No chilling winds nor poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore;
Sickness, sorrow, pain and death,
Are felt and feared no more.
(Repeat chorus)

When shall I reach that happy place,
And be forever blessed?
When shall I see my Father’s face,
And in His bosom rest?
(Repeat chorus)


It is a sobering truth that I deserve every single wretched thing that happens to me in this world. To my shame, I often forget that's not what actually takes place; because of Christ, every good thing along with every single wretched thing is to my good. What's more, I forget that there will come a day when I will no longer feel the shadow of sin and shame fall upon my struggling soul, when I will no longer act as an adulterer and forget the the covenant fidelity of the bridegroom, when I will sit and behold Him, and be forever blessed. I forget these things, and yet God does not. As much as I may grieve over sin and hate the defamation of His glory in this world, it is He who bled in grief and sorrow, He who longs with a divine affection for redeemed sinners that eternity cannot contain.

posted by Bolo | 8:28 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious