Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.27.2006  

Hot Pink

I think it was about 3 in the morning a couple of nights ago, right smack dab in the middle of my shift at work. I was feeling a little nostalgic, as I usually am prone to feeling at such an hour during such an activity. In the midst of my mental wanderings, a phrase popped into my head: hot pink.

What?!?!?!

Yes, hot pink. It instantly reminded me of days gone by, days when hot pink and neon green and lightning bolts drawn on the underside of the baseboard of the top bunk of our bunkbeds were what ruled the visual world of preadolescents such as myself. Then my mind really began to churn: that ceramic Christmas tree (did Aunty Kamala make that? Oh, and where'd my matchbox mouse go? Still with the rest of our ornaments?), the smell of bread baking in the morning at Kau'uluwela Elementary School, our family's big station wagon, missing Lisa when she went away to USD, hating when Mon would kiss me on my cheek whenever she came back or left again for ND, watching American Ninja and wanting to be like Michael Dudikoff, or watching my sisters play Sky Kid on the original, 8-bit NES.

Wow...those days seem like forever ago. Strange...time flies, even when it seems like you're standing still.

posted by Bolo | 9:50 PM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious