Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


8.03.2006  

Word

Psalm 34:1, 2
I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the LORD; the humble will heart it and rejoice.

Over lunch yesterday, I told Smythe that I find the words of David in Psalm 34 to be so far above me. Still, David's expression is one that is intimate and beautiful, something that represents what I desperately hope my life looks like. We then talked about the Christian life being incredibly satisfying, yet deeply and frustratingly dissatisfying at the same time. Why? Because while we know the LORD, while we rejoice in Christ, our hearts cry out with all the vastness of eternity aching and echoing within our hearts. We are saved, yet must still battle the weary war against sin. We know Him and are growing to know Him still more, yet we yearn for Him with a deep desperation. And what is this yearning? The yearning for the regenerate heart is to bless the LORD at all times, to praise Him continually, and to do so perfectly, free of sin. There's nothing else so sweet, nor anything so proper. To boast in the LORD is to recognize Christ for who He is and what He has done, and to act in humble accordance with that recognition.

posted by Bolo | 11:57 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious