Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


8.15.2006  

Taggage

I've been tagged. You hang around the 'net long enough, and I suppose it's inevitable. Responsibility for this goes to that Calvinaugh guy. Well...here goes.

1. One book that changed your life: Desiring God, by John Piper. Some years ago, I'd asked Rife what he was reading that was impacting him. He told me he'd been reading Piper's stuff. I'd never heard of him at that point, but that was quickly remedied.

2. One book that you've read more than once: The Lord of the Rings, by John Ronald Reuel Tolkien. Technically, this is one story told in three parts, with each part separated into two books. Nevertheless, this is the one I've read time and time again...and again...and again. On the current read, Aragorn has just been crowned king. *Sigh*. It never gets old.

3. One book that I'd want on a desert island: my bible. Yes, my bible; it feels better than your bible.

4. One book that made me laugh: Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott. An incredibly skilled writer, Lamott made me laugh...hard. Unfortunately, her life is not one in which I find much good humor.

5. One book that made me cry: my bible.

6. One book that you wish had been written: Me, by my dad. If I were able to go back in time and observe my dad's life, I'd prize that above almost any vacation I can think of. It'd be a sad observation, no doubt. But since I can't go back and do that, I'd want to read about it. I doubt that I'll be able to do that, either.

7. One book you wish had never been written: Forrest Gump, by Winston Groom. It's the only book that had a movie inspired by it that I found to be less enjoyable than the movie.

8. One book that you are currently reading: The Doctrine of Repentance by Thomas Watson.

9. One book that you've been meaning to read: Lawhead's books...all of 'em.

Okey dokey. Now I tag...Gary, Kev, 'Drew.

posted by Bolo | 1:22 PM
4 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious