Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.06.2006  

Foxy

As some of you well know, I'm a huge fan of Mozilla, and of Firefox in particular. A handful of you who read this blog regularly have even been pursuaded by my gentle goadings to forsake Micro$oft's Internet Exploder and turn to Mozilla's far foxier web browser. That being the case, it should be noted that a great deal of Firefox's advantages kick in when one employs Extensions. Aaahhh, but what are Extensions, you ask? Simply put, they're little bits of software that can be seamlessly integrated into Firefox itself. Think of it this way: they're very useful upgrades you get for free. Sweet, huh?

That being the case, I've decided to include just a few of my favorite Extensions here. Think of it as my party favor for the mid-summer party that never was. Or something like that. Yeah.

Mouse Gestures. This little hotness is something I've been using for...oh...a couple of years now, I think. It's my favorite one, quite honestly. Why? It's very simple on the low end of the learning curve and therefore easy to get addicted to, yet can be very verbose and robust when you really dig in and use it the way it can be used. Foxy, very foxy.

Dragdropupload. This one gets bonus points for instantaneously bringing to mind all those times I had to manually browse for a file so I could attach it to an email or something similar. You drag, you drop, you upload. Simple...and foxy.

Tab Mix Plus. I love tabbed browsing; I love it even more when poking people on Facebook. Now, with this little piece of web-browsing heaven, tabbed browsing gets more failsafe than RAID Mirroring. How so? Well, if I happen to close a tab on accident, I can open it back up instantly. Yeah, I know...foxy.

If any of you have any other Extensions you'd like to key me in on, you know where to click :)

posted by Bolo | 10:09 AM
4 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious