Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


6.26.2006  

Cedarmore: Day 1

Day one at Cedarmore has come and gone, and...well...I'll probably make it to bed soon. Being that it's still before midnight, this is a confession that should not go by silently. I'm tired, but in a good way. There's quite a bit that happened, but seeing that I'd like to get to bed shortly, I'll convey just one short story that I think I'll remember for a long, long, long time.

I was sitting in the dining room, eating and chatting with Daniel, one of the guys on staff here. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a group of younger guys doing much the same. My guess is that they were somewhere probably lower classmen in high school, and not necessarily the most popular ones, either. Well, during the course of our respective meals, a young lady, roughly the same age as the guys at the other table, walked by the all-male table and started to converse with one of them. They obviously knew each other, but just as obvious was the fact that she was probably a part of the Pretty Crowd, whereas the guys at that table were not. Well, as she was getting ready to move on, another one of young men chimed in with something, to which she replied with all sweetness and sincerity a young lady of such stature could muster, "Oh yeah, I remember you!"

Daniel and I were rolling. I saw his eyes bug out as soon as she turned away, and his cheeks were a bright red. It didn't help, of course, that all of his buddies turned and looked at him like he just got a date with the homecoming queen. Daniel observed that she probably just made his day; I countered with the theory that she probably made his week ;)

posted by Bolo | 11:53 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious