Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


5.22.2006  

Memorable Meanderings

I'm sitting in Pablo's room, burning some files to CD on his laptop and browsing the web, whilst he methodically goes about his frenetic packing. It is, for all intents and purposes, the last night that Carver Hall will be Carver Hall as we've known it. I've never actually paid rent to live in Carver, but that doesn't mean I've not spent enough hours here to be considered a resident.

Come to think of it, I'm sure there are still third-floor guys who think I live on the fourth floor, and fourth-floor guys who still think I live on the third. *Shrug*.

Many will rejoice in the renovations, as they're the ones whose allergies kick up like clockwork in the Spring, and who dread the infamous Carver mold throughout the entire year. I, however, have no such maladies, and therefore will miss the strange and unique smells that Carver has come to mean to so many over the years.

Except for the smells of the fourth-floor lounge. You can keep that. *Shudder*.

The point of this strange, early-morning meandering down memory lane? Things change. I guess I've been around here long enough to live through it, and it does make me a little sad to notice it. But you know what? That's ok. I'm sure we'll all make more memories with the new smells ;)

posted by Bolo | 1:19 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious