Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


5.05.2006  

Cheehuuu!

Does anyone have a time machine? I've got no regrets about leaving home, but there are some days where the longing cuts like a skeg going through a glassy 10-foot face. Today is such a day. I just read Boss' blog entry, complete with pictures, on surfing with his own boards for the first time since he moved to Japan. That entry brought a tear or two to my eyes, especially when I read this:

"It felt like I had gone home for the day. I felt that familiar fatigue of surfing an epic session. Instantly, I remembered the sweet spot as soon as I started paddling and got up on my board. For a moment I forgot that I was in Japan. Seriously, I was even for a moment, looking around trying to see where Britton, Kyle, Andrew, Kevin, or John was."

Yeah. I know the feeling.

Now if I can just find some Sticky Bumps to sniff...

posted by Bolo | 12:05 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious