Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


4.08.2006  

Hale Noa

The other day I got an email from Gary, telling me about Hale Noa closing. Wow. It's kind of a bummer to find out about that sort of thing from over here...the more and more I'm away from home, the more and more I hear about things changing.

If I think about it long enough (and we all know I do), I feel like I'm going to turn on the radio one day and hear someone singing to me about my life. Actually, it seems like it already happens. The difference is that when I listen to the stories behind the songs written by Hawaiian musicians, especially songs about life as they get older and are missing home, I feel far more in tune with what they're singing than ever before.

Too bad we won't get to hear those songs in Hale Noa...

posted by Bolo | 3:09 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious