Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


4.14.2006  

Good Friday

It's Good Friday. Over the years, various pieces of the significance of this day have surfaced and given me reason to pause and ponder. Today, as I struggle to look to Jesus' beautiful, terrible, glorious cross, I feel inclined to look to Scripture for help. Come with me as I do so.

Genesis 22:9 - 12
Then they came to the place of which God had told him; and Abraham built the altar there and arranged the wood, and bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am." He said, "Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me."

Psalm 22:1
My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.

Hosea 3:1, 2
Then the LORD said to me, "GO again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes." So I bought her for myself for fifteen shekels of silver and a homer and a half of barley.

Luke 22:54 - 62
Having arrested Him, they led Him away and brought Him to the house of the high priest; but Peter was following at a distance. After they had kindled a fire in the middle fo the courtyard and had sat down together, Peter was sitting among them. And a servant-girl, seeing him as he sat in the firelight and looking intently at him, said, "This man was with Him, too." But he denied it, saying, "Woman, I do not know Him." A little later, another saw him and said, "You are one of them too!" But Peter said, "Man, I am not!" After about an hour had passed, another man began to insist, saying, "Certainly, this man also was with Him, for he is a Galilean too." But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are talking about." Immediately, while he was still speaking, a rooster crowed. The Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had told him, "Before the rooster crows today, you will deny Me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly.

posted by Bolo | 11:15 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious