Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


2.26.2006  

Effecting Affection

Just got off the phone with Mr. Mikami. 'Twas a short conversation, but good. We hadn't conversed since...oh...quite some time. What I found interesting about it was that when I hung up and went on my merry way, it became glaringly obvious to me that the things I'd been saying about Jesus were said with a distinct lack of affection.

Ouch.

As I pondered that, I realized anew how fickle my soul can be. Affection for Christ is not something that one comes by passively; it must be fought for, it must be sought after, and it must be done by grace for His glory.

Earlier this week, I'd told Christin that my brain works in such a way that I don't really memorize Scripture very well. Instead, I tend to meditate on Scripture in such a way that my default is to try and see how one passage is woven together with another passage to form a more cohesive thought. But you know what? I find that at times, it is most definitely helpful to meditate on Scripture by actually memorizing it. Or, said differently, it is profitable to have meditated on Scripture so thoroughly that it becomes stored in my heart...memorized. Why do I bring this up? I think it's because I find that tonight, I've found that I've not really meditated on Scripture the way I need to.

I suppose it might be said that right now, I must remember to think of Christ in such a way that I'm thinking of Him with affection not only when my bible is opened, but particularly when my bible is closed.

posted by Bolo | 9:25 PM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious