Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


1.28.2006  

REM? No, Rage

It was nearly 1 in the morning. My body was exhausted, my emotions were near the breaking point, but my mind was going full-throttle. Rarely does my mind become so completely absorbed. Ok, that's not true, it often gets completely absorbed.

But not in fury.

My eyes were shut, but I couldn't sleep. I tried, believe me I tried. I lay there in my room, trying to get past my rage and into REM, but nothing of the sort was happening. At that point, I did the only thing I could think to do: I called Andrew.

I asked him if he had a few minutes to listen to my venting, and he said he did. I proceeded to explaing my anger, and he listened. I asked him if I sounded unreasonable, and he said I didn't. I told him what upset me was that I was innocent in this, yet getting all sorts of blame thrown at me, particularly from individuals who had no idea what the situation really looked like. Presumptions and misconceptions abounded, and I knew that many of those presumptions and misconceptions were not limited to parties not named John. Add to that the fact that it was move-in day, a day where new students and their families were served by current student leaders, all in the name of Jesus and His kingdom, and you have a recipe for a very, very, very furious Mr. Letoto.

Andrew prayed for me, and then I did manage to get to sleep. I'll be honest, though. Through the thickening fog of my emotion that night and the next day, I continuously thought one thing: It doesn't matter. Everything that was happening, everything that everyone involved was thinking, none of it truly mattered. The LORD knew the truth, and the LORD was the one to whom I had to look. But in the midst of all my emotion? *Sigh*...sometimes, I see Jesus far more dimly than I'd like.

posted by Bolo | 11:58 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious