Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.24.2005  

Today, Tomorrow...

A little Christmas reminiscing is in order. Two years ago, I was having profound conversation with Kayla, who was ten years old at that point. A year ago, I was pondering not only my future, but Brian's future as well. The irony of that is deep, but I won't go into that just now...maybe in another post. Last December also brought a nasty winter storm that...well...had me disgusted with the solid form of H2O. Chip Collins, too, for that matter.

This Christmas? I'm not sure yet. To be perfectly honest, Brian and I were dubbing ourselves a pair of Grumpy Old Men earlier today. (Well, tomorrow for him, today for me, 'cause it's actually December 25th in Japan right now, and has been for a while.) Circumstance has a way of reminding you of how frail you are, and I find that my weaknesses still have not been entirely weeded out yet. Nor Brian's. Dang it. More on this later.

Still, we found ourselves silenced by the fact that Jesus came and put Himself in a tiny baby's body. He would fart and poop like any other little baby, and cry from the natural need to feed. But He was and still is the Savior, and no matter what our Christmas Eve and Christmas Days look like, we were reminded of that today.

Or tomorrow.

Whatever.

posted by Bolo | 6:44 PM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious