Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.20.2005  

Brightly

A Note: I was reading a friend's Xanga post just moments ago, and was quite moved by the honesty and vulnerability I saw there. This person is a close friend of mine, and that being the case, I was somewhat concerned when someone else, whom I do not know at all, posted a question in response that seemed to imply something that I believe Scripture does not say. The following is my response to that person's question. I apologize if I misinterpreted the implication of that person's response, or communicated response in an inappropriate manner. I'm posting what I wrote here merely because, if read apart from the original context (the post and comment), it still stands as something I would post here on its own.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

1 John 3:2, 3
Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Our destiny in Christ is steadfast and sure, and it is one that does indeed bring us face to face with Him where we once could not go (Hebrews 6:19). Yet now, we reside as aliens here in this world, and with the creation long for the fullness of Christ's return and the final redemption that comes with it (1 Peter 1:1; Romans 8:18 - 25). The beauty of our lives here on earth is that they are led by a hope that lifts our eyes up past the muck and mire of sin's wages and unto the salvation that awaits us (Colossians 3:1 - 4; 1 Peter 1:6 - 10). Such a hope does not disappoint, and furthermore, it is one that shines brightly amidst the darkness that surrounds us *now*. Darkness, however, is not our final destiny, nor is it revealed there. It is bright-shining, and it is seen in the face of Christ.

posted by Bolo | 4:15 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious