Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.26.2005  

Idolatry

It's all R.'s fault. She wanted to give Carver the Cat some milk, so she took Scott's milk. Because of that, my television set, which has a built-in VCR unit, kinda sorta maybe started to eat the Willow tape that Scott and I started to watch last night but didn't finish. The tape actually ended up ok last night, but since we fell asleep, it went all the way to the end and rewound on its own. The rewounding took the tape all the way back to the beginning, but because the VCR unit had already started to make the tape go snap, crackle, and pop, the tape was weakened sufficiently to break it upon the completion of the rewinding process.

This morning Scott got up earlier than I did, and he patiently waited for me to get up so we could finish the movie. Well...nuthin' doin'. Upon discovering the horrendous tape snappage this morning, we surmised that it was the Divine justice and wrath of God being manifest in my room. Continuing on in our idolatrous ways, Scott and I were determined to fix our Idol (the VCR tape) by taking it apart and taping it back together again. While I'll not detail the intricacies of our idolatry, we did finally succeed in putting Humpty Dumpty...er...Willow back together again.

We even gave one another a dorky little high-five :)

Yet, as Israel was cut off from her idolatry, so the Lord cut us off from ours. The VCR unit broke, and it would not play the movie. Much consternation and blaspheming poor R.'s name broke out. Scott, in particular, was quite distraught. He said something to the effect of, "You don't understand! I waited two hours for you to get up! I need to watch Willow! I'll lose my salvation if I don't!" I told him he was whining as though he were my wife or something.

Come to think of it, that's kind of how it felt last night. He walked in after the long drive back from St. Louis, and proclaimed his great relief at having arrived "back at home." I reminded him that "home" was my room. After that reminder, he climbed into bed and said, "I miss my John. I miss my blanket." I told him that it was Chriyus Davis' blanket. He did not seem to care, so caught up was he in the comforts of my room.

posted by Bolo | 5:19 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious