Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.13.2005  

Word

Jeremiah 2:4 - 13
Hear the word of the Lord, O house of Jacob, and all the families of the house of Israel. Thus says the Lord, "What injustice did your fathers find in Me, that they went far from Me and walked after emptiness and became empty? They did not say, 'Where is the Lord who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, who led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought and of deep darkness, through a land that no one crossed and where no man dwelt?' I brought you into the fruitful land to eat its fruit and its good things. But you came and defiled My land, and My inheritance you made an abomination. The priests did not say, 'Where is the Lord?' And those who handle the Law did not know Me; the rulers also transgressed against Me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal and walked after things that did not profit. Therefore I will yet contend with you," declares the Lord, "and with your sons' sons I will contend. For cross to the coastlands of Kittim and see, and send to Kedar and observe closely and see if there has been such a thing as this! Has a nation changed gods when they were not gods? But My people have changed their glory for that which does not profit. Be appalled, O heavens, at this, and shudder, be very desolate," declares the Lord. "For My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew for themselves broken cisterns, broken cisterns that can hold no water."

Psalm 17:15
As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake.

Psalm 63:1
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Where lies my satisfaction? Toward what end does my every action lie? In what does my heart hope, for whom does my soul yearn? The words of the Lord call me before Him, searching and undoing the hidden things within me. The truths of the gospel remind me that the Lord satisfies...he surpasses every other pleasure, every other end to which I labor. And yet, do I live this? *Sigh*...the Lord is so much better, so much sweeter and more sustaining than all the other things of this world that I want or could ever want. Oh Lord, why does my heart flee from You? Why do I store up for myself treasures on earth? Do not let me be satisfied with my broken cisterns! Lead me back unto You, the infinite and ever-flowing fount of living waters, that I might bend the knee and drink deeply of Your waters.

posted by Bolo | 7:03 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious