Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.06.2005  

Font Issues

Have you ever had a booger that you couldn't quite pick? A bit of gas that just wouldn't come out? A piece of food tucked away nicely in between a couple of teeth, juuuuuuust conveniently out of reach of your probing tongue?

That was my font situation. For some strange reason I still cannot fathom, my blog suddenly decided to post the text bodies in Times New Roman. Absolutely hideous font. Horrendous. Disgusting. The Scum of All Fonts. Some of you may think I'm out of my mind. Gone off the deep end. Well, for those of you who cannot relate to my frustration, I claim that my temporary insanity is a byproduct of my personality type, which dictates that I hold to a high degree of anal retentivity in certain matters, despite the fact that I am predominantly laid-back. Ask my sister. Ask Scott. The laid-back side drives 'em crazy at times :) But it's the highly anal-retentive side that keeps me dogmatic and precise, particularly concerning matters of Scripture, fashion, or computing. I know I know I know, it's a strange combination to be anal over, but hey...strange is my middle name :)

But back to the font. Over three hours of meticulous code editing and checking brought on nothing more (or so it seemed for the majority of those hours) than several repeats of one of my iTunes playlists. Yeah...it wasn't looking up. When I finally did find the fix, it turned out to be staring me in the face the whole time. I still don't understand what went wrong. For that matter, I still don't really grok the solution. Nevertheless, it's fixed, and my eyes no longer recoil in abject horror. In fact, I think I'm going to go and gaze lovingly upon my beautiful 12-point, #666666 colored, body-text-standard Tahoma font :)

Be quiet. I already know I need help.

posted by Bolo | 8:48 PM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious