Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.02.2005  

Agreement, not Agreeance

Just talked to 'Drew a little while ago. Highlights from our conversation include: naming his Mac "Amber" because it's quite...uhhh...temperamental...just like another Amber we know...actually, I suggested the name "Meat Jhun," but that would've been not only obvious, but...well...really really really naughty; the fact that Aya looks white and red...like a candy cane; the pastoral search at FCF, and how that's going; and Andrew's search for a shirt. Supposedly, Julie Mats' wedding colors include a blue that's a little green, is darker than turquoise, and goes well with silver, the other color. I told him that if my wardrobe were at home, I'd just let him borrow something from it. Unfortunately for both of us, that's not an option.

Oh, we also spoke of food. I told him of my latest adventure in Sustenance Acquisition Management. This particarly tale has me stymied, for I have no reason for its success other than the Doctrine of Providence. Yesterday, in the school cafeteria, I met gentleman who I would say is in his 40's. He looked like he could've been Thai, Chinese, or something of that nature. It turns out he's Malaysian, and he's on campus to take a class from the Seminary. Anyway, within three minutes of meeting me, he insists that he needs to take me out to eat, and wants to know if I like Asian food.

He might as well have asked me if I like Hawai'i :)

When I told this to Andrew, he and I agreed that my food acquisitions are a great reason to rejoice, as it's no mean task for people like him and myself to furnish our Infamous Tapeworms (Ned, and Ned's cousin...Ted, was it?) with all the nourishment necessary. Yet, this particular tale has me stymied, as I did not invoke a single skill in getting Kit (that's the dude's name) to take me out for some scrumptious Asian food. In fact, his insistence took me utterly by surprise. I don't know how it happened, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I want to know, 'cause my pride my suffer somewhat for it ;) It's one of those things that might need to be explained by the Doctrine of Election, ya know? Yeah... I don't think I really have any choice in the matter.

But I'm not complaining!

posted by Bolo | 6:13 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious