Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


4.14.2005  

Sanity

This is a random tidbit: during my Math (yes, Math...ugh) test on Monday night, one of my teeth got chipped and a good portion of it fell out. Hmmm...the incisor? I think so. It's the vampire tooth on the left side. Anyway, only part of it fell out, and the rest of it looks stuck in there like some nasty piece of reef.

'Nuff of that :)

Eeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarly this morning, I came home to see Mon on the couch, watching the Home & Garden channel. I knew we'd end up talking for a bit; I didn't quite think we'd end up talking for over an hour and a half. No biggie, though, 'cause I don't often get to talk to my sister, and so any time we get to catch up, it's always good for us. We talked about the youth group at my church, the Galatians study I'm doing with the youth (it's going well...they're asking TONS of questions...Gary, I can hear you saying, "no such thing as bad student, only bad teacher"...hehehe), the Student Leadership interview I had yestermorn, our niece(s?) and nephews, the conversation I'd had with Rob just an hour or two prior, missing home (yeah...it's hard for all of us...*sigh*), their adoption process, and life in general. As difficult as it's been at times, I realize that my time here would be much harder without Dave and Mon. At this point, I think it's safe to say that they're not as key to my sanity and survival as they once were; that doesn't diminish the blessing that they are to me. Even now, to be able to talk to Mon in the wee hours of the morning helps keep me grounded. Out of everyone here, she's the only one who truly understands what it's like to miss home the way I do...the way we do.

posted by Bolo | 11:57 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious