Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


4.11.2005  

Excerpt

The following excerpt was taken from a journal entry I wrote earlier today. Er, yesterday. Whatever.

Your nearness, Lord, is indeed my only good. In my mind, I lay at the foot of the cross, embracing it with a desperation that only comes from those to whom You graciously reveal Yourself. I see the depths of my sinful heart, knowing that my gaze cannot pierce its black gloom. I see Your brilliant, shining glory, knowing that I cannot long gaze upon its surpassing beauty and strength; I do not yet have the capacity to do so. As I ponder the wonder of the cross, the only thing I can seem to do is to hold on to the truth that in Christ, the depths of my sinful heart are not only pierced by the surpassing glory of the Son, they were also claimed by Him and were made and are being made Holy. That is the power of the wrathful, merciful cross I embrace.

posted by Bolo | 12:25 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious