Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


3.08.2005  

Not Forsaken

Psalm 63:1
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 73: 26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


Psalm 22:1; Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34
"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"

Our souls were created to behold our glorious Creator, to reflect His glory in our lives, and to magnify the worth of His name by enjoying Him. We have within us a deep, eternal longing to be satisfied in Him, one that He Himself has placed there. To fall short of being satisfied in Him is no true satisfaction; indeed, 'tis a mockery, 'tis sin. And yet, He graciously desires and wills for us to know no lesser pleasure than that of knowing Him truly and intimately, despite the great cost. And what was that cost? That His own Son would know the infinite horror of being separated from the true intimacy that He has enjoyed with the Father from all eternity. Thus it was that Christ cried, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"

posted by Bolo | 12:38 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious