Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


1.30.2005  

Belated

So. I told Mon as she walked in the door, "I would tell you, 'Happy Birthday,' but it's already past your birthday, so I won't do that." I know, I know, I'm a terrible brother. But I was working all day, and I hadn't written her birthday card out just yet, so I figure it just wouldn't be appropriate to wish her a happy birthday when I'm not truly ready to wish it upon her.



Ya know?



Other random thoughts that have popped into my head since the last post some...oh...two hours ago.



Brian's on a songwriting binge. Good for him...it's about stinkin' time ;) It's interesting to hear him play me his latest songs over the phone...imagine that...I get a personal concert from The Maestro himself while over 4,000 miles away. Cool, very cool.



I'm glad I'm not the only one who's homesick. Kev is feeling it, too...the emotions involved are incredibly complicated, it seems, and it's hard to sort through them all when you're in the midst of trying to live life.



Picked up Jim at the airport last night. We had a little bit of a Presidential gathering last night, as Jim and Matt McCullough, the two most recent Boyce College Student Council Presidents, were in the Patio Room together with Scott. Talk about Old School Boyce! In the past few days, I've seen a handful of people from my very first semester on campus...it makes for a very interesting contrast when I see them together with the newer Boyce students who have no idea who these other people are.



Parties given by The Popular Seminary People are interesting. I see a whole lot of people who seem cool and neat and swell, but you know what? I hardly know most of them. A handful do recognize me for some reason (maybe it's 'cause I look DIFFERENT), but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Hmmm...here's a random thought to go within this random thought...maybe it's just that I'm still trying to figure out how to love people as I need to love them with Christ's love, and not simply love them for what they can do for me, which is not really love at all. Hmmm...



It's nearly 3 am. In 12 hours or so, Shannon Robbins will become Mrs. Jonathan Leeman. Whoa. On a John-level note, I'll get to celebrate not only with the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Leeman, but also with a bunch of Old School Boyce people. Very cool :) Which reminds me...I still gotta write out that wedding card. Oh, and Mon's birthday card, too...



Can you believe she's THIRTY-SIX?

posted by Bolo | 2:25 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious