Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


1.22.2005  

The Anchor

It's late. Nearly midnight, actually. And you know what? Gmail access is temporarily unavailable.



Oh, the horror!



There are worse things in life, however, and I shall live on, I promise you that :) Indeed, life gets better by the day. On Monday, I'll finally get to start my semester, as I have a Theology III class with Dr. Wellum at 8:30 that morning. It'll be the first of four three-hour classes in two days...*gulp*. With my school week ending on Tuesday, however, I'll be able to pack in full-time hours (and more) at work, which will be great for the checkbook. We'll see how the semester pans out.



Today, I was thinking about how deeply the apathy toward this new semester has been gripping me. In light of this, I thought of the ways the Lord uses the strength of our desires to reveal the frailty of our faithfulness to Him, and the cost that that lesson often brings with it. I also pondered the murky haze my gaze cannot pierce when trying to discern my future, as well as the muck and mire my feet constantly sink into when walking the paths of today. *Sigh*...so much seems uncertain...yet is anything truly uncertain?



Hardly.



For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. Do I lack anything that God has said He would provide? Not in the least. And do I need anything that He will not provide? Negatory. That includes the all the things that my heart longs after, as well as the knowledge of what and when He will provide what He will provide. I remember just last week, sitting down with Jeff and asking him, "what do you lack?" It was a trick question, really, because the answer was a simple, "nothing." Even as I smugly let him tick off the perceived great lacks of his life, I should have paid better attention to my own question, because I now find myself engaging in silent dialogue between my mind and my heart. The resolution? A slow and difficult acceptance of God's sweet, sovereign grace.



Yet, as difficult as I may find it during this season of life, I must be gripped by the certainty of the gospel. After all, there is nothing so beautiful and so glorious as to gaze upon Christ's cross standing as an anchor of hope in the midst of the muck and mire of my sin and despair...nothing.

posted by Bolo | 11:48 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious