Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


11.02.2004  

Too Much Erasing

Remember in elementary school, when we had to do our homework with pencils, rather than pens? Remember the beginning of the school year, how everyone would have a fresh set of pencils with unused erasers at the tops, and a really good eraser that was super soft and erased everything so that your folder paper looked like it had never been written on, but it still had the indentation of your writing still left on it? Remember how at some point during the school year, you somehow lost the good eraser and had to use the regular erasers at the top of the pencils? Remember how you'd use those erasers so much that eventually they wore out, and you'd have to be careful not to tear the paper when you erased something 'cause the metal covering the rest of the eraser was now exposed?



I feel like that eraser on the top of the pencil. I have to be careful, lest I tear into someone when I'm trying to erase the effects of my sinful nature.



Father, I feel so worn...even when I'm not tired, I feel worn out, stretched too far like a rubber band that can't even stretch anymore. Daddy, when will I rest? When will I find solace in You? I know, I know...I do, even now. I take shelter in the shadow of Your wings; You are my Shepherd and the Guardian of my soul; I am Your beloved, You have called me by name, I am Yours; You give and You take away, blessed be Your name! *Sigh*...life is so hard, though. The very things that are a joy to me are an ache. The very things that cause me to smile cause me to weep. Is this what life in Your Son truly is like? Am I supposed to be this confused, constantly fighting against the haze that renders all so unceasingly unclear? I know, I know...I am to be transformed by the renewing of my mind! Transform me, Father, transform me...

posted by Bolo | 1:37 AM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious