Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


11.25.2004  

Thanks, Part 3

I'm thankful for the cross. All the thanks I reflect upon or speak of today will, in some way or another, find its root in the cross. If not for the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ, I have nothing to give thanks for, nothing that I can hope in, no hope that I could share with others. Though I behold it through tears, the beauty of the cross is not lessened; if anything, that beauty is intensified and purified, for such tears are evidence of the Lord's hand drawing me ever closer to the cross. It is in such a drawing close that my tears find their true meaning, and all the reasons for giving thanks gain depth, if not clarity.



When I think of the way God has orchestrated my salvation...*sigh*...you know what? I must confess, I don't think of His gracious work the way I ought to, or as often as I ought to. In all honesty, I just don't care. I take it for granted in ways I'd be ashamed of proclaiming publicly. If it were not for the Lord's continuing sanctifying work in my life, I'd forget that I was justified, seen with the righteousness of Christ. The righteousness of Christ! How quick I am to speak of such a glorious thing; how slow I am to truly savor it. And when I do savor it, should not the savoring be slow and...well...savory? *Sigh*...unfortunately, my savoring of the glories of the cross of Christ are quick and ever so fleeting. 'Tis no savoring at all, truth be told.



Which is precisely why I'm thankful for the cross. My heart betrays me and does a splendid job of displaying my many qulities as a sinful ingrate time and time again. Were it not for the cross, I would have no reason to be thankful. Were it not for the cross, I would continue in my ungratefulness and would despise the surpassing riches of His grace. Were it not for the cross, the Lord would not be able to draw me back to Him time and time again, cleansing me and purifying me that He might present me holy and blameless before Him. This, all because of the cross!



Yeah...so today, I'm thankful for many things, but I'm thankful for them because I give thanks through the cross.

posted by Bolo | 1:11 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious