Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


11.17.2004  

One day...

Weakness. Oh my, how I feel it lately. If there is any good within me, any strength, any love, any joy, any peace, it comes from the Lord. I've not felt so weak in so long...it's been years, in all honesty. I told Jared today that I get tiny, piercing glimpses of the Lord from time to time, but for the most part all is pain and confusion. I wish it were not so, of course, yet I cannot help but rest in the fact that the Lord has His purpose in the pain. Indeed, I must relish in my weakness, musn't I?



I must, for I don't have a whole lot that I relish in right now. I'd be lying if I said life was grand, and I were looking forward to things. My semester has taken on a sickly pallor, and I refuse to color it any more brightly than that. That is how I feel; that may not be the truth of the cross, but I would lie if I said that I saw with clear brilliance the cross in all its glory. No, the brilliant beauty of the cross still shines brightly; it's just that the darkness upon my soul keeps me from perceiving it as I wish I did.



The time seems to pass not nearly quickly enough; when will the pain end? When will I see clearly, when will I not feel as if confusion has permanently fused itself to my soul? I don't know, and I don't think I'm supposed to know. Knowledge of the path before me is not necessary for me to walk upon it. I didn't know what blessings the Lord had in store for me when I left home, and I don't know what hidden blessings He's smiling about right now, either. One day, I will look back and smile. One day, I'll look back and rejoice. One day I'll do those things naturally, I know I will. But right now, smiling and rejoicing are far more difficult than I let on.

posted by Bolo | 11:57 PM
2 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious