Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


11.01.2004  

I've Got Mail!

One of the greatest little joys in life is receiving a pink card in your post office box at school. Such a card signifies that you are important, you are loved, you have mail! More specifically, you have mail that's too big to fit into the box.



Today I received such a card. What hidden treasures were in store for me? What little joys would be mine to receive? I hadn't ordered any textbooks within the recent weeks, so such a package was unlikely. What, then, would be waiting for me? What could be waiting for me? Only the post office ladies could end the suspense.



My package was from none other than the infamous Andrew Uchida. I would have recognized the return address even had he not put his name above it; I've spent enough time at that house over the course of nearly half my life to know it well. As I sat down in Founder's, ready to tear into the wrapping on the package, I'm sure there was more than just a little bit of spittle forming in my mouth. There was a gleam in my eye, a bounce to my step, and a song upon my lips that indicated I held high hopes for this package. Truth be told, I surmised it probably held far more than a measly textbook!



Andrew did not disappoint. The glorious total of its contents? Brand new copies of the latest Chris Tomlin and Tim Hughes albums, a copy of all of Andrew's recorded songs, the latest issue of Free Surf, a surf magazine based in Hawai'i, a package of li hing pickled mango, a package of li hing mango, a package of li hing gummy bears, a package of shinagawa maki (rice crackers wrapped in seaweed), a package of prune mui with apricots, three packages of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts, two packages each of Maui Caramacs and MacNut Crunches, and a Starbucks tumbler from the infamous North Shore. Oh, and he tossed in a bag of Ruff 'N Ready cookies for Mon. Wow. It makes a guy grin large to see such a spread sent to him in the mail :)



posted by Bolo | 4:56 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious