Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.09.2004  

Preview Postview

Boyce College's Fall '04 Preview Weekend is over and done with, which is both good and bad. I've got a ton on my mind right now, which isn't a bad thing, but it does mean that my brain and my heart are both under a lot of weight. Before I get into any of that, though, if at all, back to Preview.



Scott's mom and sister Allie came in for Preview, which was great in and of itself, but I also got to spend a ton of time with them both as Scott's friend and as an Ambassador, which was even better. The times with them were rich, filled with good conversation and encouragement. Seeing Scott with his family reminded me of my own, whom I actually owe a lot of phone calls to. They all called me Wednesday, and I totally ignored any and all calls that day because I was dreadfully exhausted from my Nashville trip. Gah! (Of course, I have not yet had the time to call them back, so I'll be making some calls tonight. They'll scold me for not answering the phone, but too bad...hehe.) Scott's mom reminds me of my mom. She loves him, she cares for him, and she sees both the little boy she's raised and the man he's become. I think my mom sees the same in me. I don't give her nearly enough credit for who she is to me, which is a shame. I ought to know better. *Sigh*...she's an amazing woman of God, and one that I hope to one day replicate infaith and perseverance. She knows a strength I can only marvel at, a humility I can only guess at, a faith I have yet to see the end of, and a love for her loved ones that is exceeded only by her love for Christ. Thanks, mom.



Allie is looking to come to Boyce next Fall. We're all stoked about that, no doubt. A big thing for her before she came was meeting people and making sure that they would be as welcoming as Scott said they would be. Mission accomplished :) Everyone she met was exceedingly friendly and genuinely loving, and she communicated that to us several times. I'm glad...it'll give Scott an extra measure of sanity next year, and will bless him in ways yet unlooked-for. I told her if any guys had any ideas of giving her trouble (translation: asking her out), and being Scott O'Neal's sister was not enough of a deterrent, and if Scott was not able to do a little regulating, then whoever was stupid enough to have done such would have a very angry Little Brown Hawaiian to deal with :)



The many students and family members who came in for Preview were blessed, no doubt. I had a blast getting to know prospective students, despite the fact that my brain is now deader than the deadest road kill I see on the road. Ok, maybe not, but I sure as heck felt like it last night! I was blessed to have taken part in it, and I don't think I fully comprehend the magnitude of what went on this weekend. One thing I did notice is how our Ambassador team, which is comprised of five students and Mr. Ed Stucky, has managed to become very close in a short time. Jan, Jaimeson, Katie, and Eric are a great team to work with, and although we bonded very well prior to Preview, we really showed our true colors over the past two days. Ed told us that the feedback on us was excellent, and that he really thinks this team is one of the best Boyce has had. Cool :) The term we come back to over and over again to describe ourselves is "family," and for good reason. We do work like a family...we all have our personalities, strengths and weaknesses, but we know them and appreciate what each one brings to the table. We all desire to see Jesus glorified in the lives of the Boyce student body, and we're grateful for our opportunity to take whatever small part we may in that glorification.

posted by Bolo | 8:57 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious