Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.12.2004  

Losing It

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it."



I thought about this at Dorm Meeting tonight. Being led in such a way as to take up our crosses daily is not something that I can truly grasp. When Jesus says to do so daily, He really implies to do so at all times. My life is not my own; how can I take it back? When am I not under the crushing weight of God's glory, when am I not compelled to kneel down before the cross of Christ and ask the Lord to lead me as He led Christ? I thought about Jesus praying the Garden of Gethsemane. He asked the Father to take from Him the cup that He was about to drink, yet He said, "not My will, but Your will be done." Do I say that to the Lord? Am I burning with the desire, as Christ was, to glorify the Father? Am I filled with the hope of the joy set before me, as Christ was? Who can measure such joy? Who can fill the heights and depths of the infinite glory that the Father shines through the cross of Christ? Who could have imagined that the Father would deign to reveal Himself not only through the cross of Christ, but also in us, who are to take up the joyful burden of our own crosses and become broken vessels of His love to the world.



If I desire to save my life, I must lose it. Though I become as Christ, broken in body, I will still be with Christ, whole in spirit. If I am in Him and He is in me, whom shall I fear? What can man do to me? Nothing. Yet, I must confess, I do fear. The future holds so much that I do not see, so much I cannot even calculate. That's a constant consideration, but one that provides a constant reason to take up my cross for the sake of Christ. What is my life to me? It is nothing if it is not the Lord's!

posted by Bolo | 1:37 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious