Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.06.2004  

Fido

How I'm still awake, I'm not sure. I pulled up in front of the house somewhere around 3:30 am this morning after driving for nearly three hours from Nashville. Jewel helped keep me awake during the drive after I'd already spent over two hours catching up with Matt Maynard, first in Fido, then in some other restaurant & bar place a few doors down. Talking with Matt was great. The recruiting aspect of the trip was so-so, especially compared with the Mansifield and Canton fairs, but hooking up with him made the late arrival at home well worth my time. Just before we left, a homeless guy came up to us and asked us for money for food. Matt told him about a ministry that sets up shop out of an old Frito-Lay truck and feeds breakfast to the homeless for free. These guys do it out of their own pockets; amazing! They also feed the souls of these people, which is even better. Matt's got a great heart, and I'm glad to see how he's been removed from the Boyce Bubble and is in the world living like Jesus. That time was a huge blessing :)

posted by Bolo | 3:11 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious