Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.29.2004  

Exhaaaaauuuuuusted

Exhausted. Spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally. That's how I describe myself right now to people. It's pretty harsh...why I'm even writing this post, I'm not exactly sure ;) I suppose it's because it's something that's in my nature. I sat at work today and journaled a good bit...almost a whole page, which is a LOT. Believe me. But still, there's a lot of thinking that needs to get out, a lot of thought process that needs to be processed. I don't think it'll be done tonight, though. I'm still supposed to write that post on satisfaction and seeking God's face.



Another post that can be added to The List of Future Posts concerns the tracking of Paul's view of himself in light of his own sinful nature, as seen chronologically through his letters. (Did that sentence make sense? I hope so. If not...oh well. Read it again...it'll make you feel like you're reading Paul's letters!) What I mean by that is that Paul states he is first a "wretched man" in Romans, then the "least of all saints" in Philippians, then "foremost of all sinners" in 1 Timothy. The point in looking at this chronologically is that Paul sees himself in a less and less favorable light the more he gazes into the Light. Crazy stuff...more later...I promise. Once I get some sleep, I can actually think through this and write something with coherence.



I talked to Kev earlier today; he helped me get through the home stretch of my 12 hour shift. Too bad I can't remember what we talked about right now...I'm sure it was relatively deep :) For some reason, I don't think he would be able to remember, either ;) That's Kev for you!



Scott and I worked out together for the first time since...oh...last semester. He'll probably read this post sometime within the next 24 hours, so I won't write anything entirely horrible just yet. It was a good workout, though. My chest and arms are DEAD. Well, not quite as dead as my brain, but DEAD nevertheless. Ugh. How I managed to get through that workout and still feel like I was pushing a decent amount of weight, I simply don't know. It was grace, pure grace.



Oh, this one definitely gets marked down as one of those random "cool happenings." Last night I crossed over all boundaries between Boyce and Southern Seminary, and I was invited to a Seminary person's birthday party. Whoa! 99% of Boyce guys wouldn't even garner an invitation, but I got one, and became "best friends" with Jenna ("best friends" was her description) for about half an hour. It was Raleigh's birthday, by the way. The old man is 26, so he's got a year on me, but I was still older than most of the people at the party. Where's Kev and Andrew and Boss when you need 'em?

posted by Bolo | 8:37 PM
1 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious