Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.15.2004  

Chriyus

Yesterday I had lunch with Chriyus Davis. Like Mon always asks, "Alabama Chris?" Yes, Alabama Chris. Anyway, lunch was great. He asked how I was doing, and I told him that it seems there's a whole bunch of things that aren't necessarily overwhelming in and of themselves, but altogether they make for a season of life that seems to be just a few notches short or long of crazy. I explained it to him like this. Say I make a smoothie for Chriyus, but instead of just one or two fruits, I use a slew of them. Bananas, pears, strawberries, pineapples, cherimoya, kiwis, and more. When he's drinking it, suppose I ask him to name which fruits I have in there. He probably wouldn't be able to discern each individual fruit flavor very easily; yet, were I to tell him to see if he could taste the banana in there, or perhaps the strawberry, he might smack his lips together a few times and then go, "oh yeah, I think I taste it!" It's kind of like that for me right now. It's hard to discern the individual issues on my own, but in speaking with the Lord and with friends, things begin to become clearer in my mind and heart.



After lunch, Chriyus and I went up into one of the prayer rooms in Honeycutt to talk some more and pray. Wow. It's amazing...the Lord's been so faithful to both of us...so very faithful. I told Chriyus that were we to come back in twenty years and expect our experience here to be the same, we'd be sorely disappointed. What makes Boyce and Southern so very special for us isn't the campus, the classes, nor the perks of being a part of the largest seminary in the world. What makes it special for us is, to be blunt, us. The fact that Christopher Seth Davis is here and that the Lord brought him together into a friendship with the Little Brown Guy from Hawai'i is more than amazing, it is sweetly gracious and good of the Lord. Friendships like ours don't come along very often, yet on this campus, we seem to be blessed by many of them. It's like we can't escape them, because the Lord just wants us to enjoy Him through one another. Yeah, it was a great lunch hour :)



posted by Bolo | 1:58 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious