Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.22.2004  

Cherish, Nourish, Listen

As I was driving back from Indianapolis today, a word popped into my head: listen. Listen. It seems like it's been a while since I've listened, I mean really listened, to the Lord. Sometimes my days go by so quickly, I don't really feel like I've stopped at all in the realization that I'm His child, a child who can listen to his Father. Listening is one of those things that...well...it's hard. It requires being silent in my heart.



Easier said than done!



My head and my heart go at full speed all day long. Inside is turmoil, more often than not. My face may seem calm and detached, but inside is anything but! It seems like I'm constantly moving from one thing to the next, and when the Lord tells me that He needs to speak with me for a while, I tell Him I'm too busy serving Him to spend time with Him.



What a horrible sin! And yes, sin it is. *Sigh*...that's a tough thought to ponder, but I must do so. Hopefully, this next bit will counterbalance my melancholy mood :)



"For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, because we are members of His body." Ephesians 5:29 and 30...wow.



Cherish. That word is so very powerful. Cherish! Christ cherishes me! Why? How? In order to understand this, we must go back several verses. "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless." Christ gave Himself up for the church, He sanctifies her, He longs to present her in glory, spotsless and blameless. Yes, He cherishes me.



But do I truly understand this? Do I truly understand that Christ also nourishes me? Hardly...hardly. I rely upon myself, and I do not stop to listen to the Lord who knows my every weakness, every struggle, every failure. *Sigh*...it's a good thing that He's the one who cherishes and nourishes me, because I know that my capacity to cherish Him is horribly weak. I think, though, that that's the whole point of Jesus' death; we cannot do that which He does for us!



On another note, Indy was great today. I got free coffee at Starbucks from Jewel :) She'll kill me for writing that and only that about my trip up there..."you wrote that you got FREE COFFEE!?!?!?!" Gotta have a little bit of an edge to me, you know? :)





posted by Bolo | 11:47 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious